Oakleigh Forest is fortunate to have our own community pool! Pool membership is paid annually, with information packets being delivered to all the Oakleigh Forest homes in April.
Our pool is a popular meeting place for family fun including swim meets, community pool parties, special holiday events, basketball games, ping-pong tournaments, and Saturday night cook-outs! Going to the pool on a hot summer evening to hang out with your neighbors and friends and enjoy a cool dip is one of the pleasures of living here. You are invited to join in on the fun and friendship - become an Oakleigh Forest Pool member!
Use the forms in the above packets or, for your convenience, residents and non-residents can fill out the forms, obtain guest passes, and pay with a credit card by using our quick and easy online store. sign up here
2018 Pool Operating Hours
|May 26 - June 14|| || |
|Monday - Wednesday||11:00 am - 4:30 pm||open|
| ||4:30 - 7:00 pm||Closed for Swim Team Practice |
| ||7:00 - 8:00 pm||open|
|Thursday - Friday||11:00 am - 4:30 pm||open|
| ||4:30 - 7:00 pm||Closed for Swim Team Practice|
| ||7:00 - 9:00 pm||open|
|Saturdays||11:00 am - 10:00 pm||open|
|Sundays||12:00 pm - 8:00 pm ||open|
| || || |
|June 15 - September 3|| || |
|Monday* - Wednesday||11:00 am - 8:00 pm||open|
|Thursday - Friday||11:00 am - 9:00 pm||open|
|Saturday||11:00 am - 10:00 pm||open|
|Sunday||12:00 pm - 8:00 pm||open|
| || || |
Notes: Adult swim time will occur for 15 minutes every hour beginning at 45 minutes past the hour during
open swim periods. When one guard is on duty, the pool may be cleared of all swimmers for 10 minutes to allow the guard to make water quality checks, bathroom inspections and to take a brief personal break. The pool will not be cleared during the final hour.
One Lane will be reserved for lap swimming from 6 - 8 pm during weekdays. Normal pool hours will
be suspended for home swim meets, other swim team or social activities.
2018 Swim Meets @ Oakleigh Forest Pool
- TBD- Time Trials (Pool closes at 4:30)
- Saturday, June 23rd (Pool opens after swim meet finishes, usually by noon)
- Tuesday, June 30th (Pool opens after swim meet finishes, usually by noon)
- Saturday, July 14th (Pool opens after swim meet finishes, usually by noon)
- Saturday, July 26th (Pool closes at 4:30)
A pool committee interactive calendar
Clicking on the text will bring up all the information.
IF YOU HEAR IT, CLEAR IT, IF YOU SEE IT, FLEE IT
This is what our lifeguards are required to do - clear the pool if they hear thunder, and vacate the premises/seek shelter if they see lightning. Please help them honor their training and continue to do their best to keep us safe.
Pool Rules & Regulations Charter
- All pool members and guests must sign in to use the pool
- All guests must have a valid pool pass for pool admission.
- All guests must be introduced to the lifeguard on duty and accompanied by the same pool member during the duration of their visit.
- Non-paying Oakleigh Forest Residents may not use the pool as a guest.
- Children must be at least 10 years old and pass the swim test in order to remain at the pool unaccompanied by an adult. (Lifeguards primary responsibility is pool safety, not baby-sitting)
- Children under 10 years of age must be accompanied by a pool member at least 13 years of age.
- Children must be at least 2 years old and toilet trained to use the main pool. NO diapers are allowed in
the main pool.
- An adult must supervise children in the baby pool.
- An adult must accompany all non-swimmers into the main pool.
- Only approved flotation devices are permitted in the pool.
- You must be 18 years of age to swim during Adult Swim.
- NO running or horseplay near the pool.
- NO hanging onto or playing on the diving board.
- NO swimming in the diving area when the board is in use.
- NO glass containers in the pool area.
- NO gum or food in the pool.
- NO Foul Language is permitted.
- NO Smoking is permitted within the Pool Area
- No pool furniture may leave the fenced in pool area.
- Appropriate attire is required when utilizing the pool.
- The Lifeguards have FULL discretion in dealing with violations of pool rules.
Please address all guard related issues with a pool board member.
The pool guest policy works through the HONOR SYSTEM to ensure our pool continues to be the excellent facility our community enjoys.
- Guest passes are required on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and Holidays. All guests must have a valid pool pass for pool admission. Guests must be identified to the lifeguard on duty and then recorded on the guest pass list next to the sign in sheet.
- No more than 5 guests per pool member household are permitted free of charge on Monday, Tuesday,
Wednesday, and Thursday. Additional guests over 5 must have a guest pass
- A guest pass is required for non-swimmers as well as swimmers.
- Guests must be accompanied at all times by the same pool member for the duration of their visit.
- Please be reminded that our Guest Policy works on the honor system. It is the pool member's duty to sign guests in on the guest pass list, rather than wait for the lifeguard to ask.
- Oakleigh Forest residents who are non-pool members may not use the pool as a guest of any pool member.
- Long-term houseguests of members are NOT considered members of the household for pool
membership purposes. These guests must also use guest passes.
- Families and Individuals renting a house in Oakleigh Forest are warmly welcomed to join the pool as "resident members" as long as the property they are renting is in "good standing" with the Oakleigh Forest Civic Association. Renters may not utilize the pool as guests under any circumstances. Renters are not permitted to sponsor non-residents as pool members. However, if there is a request to sponsor a non-resident, this request can be brought to the Pool Board.
- The guest pass policy may not be used to provide regular access to the pool for guests. Such guests
must be encouraged to become non-resident pool members by their pool member host/hostess.
Pool Use Infractions
Pool members are expected to abide by the rules and regulations for use of the pool. Infractions
may lead to:
- "Time out" administered by any lifeguard on duty
- Expulsion from the pool for that day
- Suspension of membership privileges for a time to be determined by the pool committee
- Revocation of membership privileges, upon determination by the pool committee
Private pool parties
- The pool can be rented for private parties from Sunday to Friday after the pool closes for regular
hours. Saturday is not available for private pool parties.
- The pool is rented on first come, first served basis.
- Fees for the pool party guards must be paid at least two weeks ahead of time.
- It is the host's responsibility to remove all decorations, rubbish and recycling from the pool area
and restore the pool area to a condition better than how you found it.
Cost for private parties
There is a flat fee of $50 to utilize the pool for a private party. In addition, the guard fees must also be covered at the rate of $29.95/hr per guard.
Procedure for planning a private party
Email the pool board with your request. If the desired time slot is available and you would like to proceed, a life guard reservation form will be emailed to you to be filled out and returned with a signed check for the full amount at least two weeks ahead of time. Checks received with less than two weeks prior to the party may be returned and the schedule will be reopened. This is to provide adequate time for the pool service company to arrange the after hours guard coverage.
Small parties during regular hours
- The pool can be used for small parties (defined as 6-15 non-member guests) during the following hours:
- Monday - Thursday (all times)
- Friday before 5pm
- Sunday after 5pm
- No parties may be scheduled on holidays.
- Parties must be scheduled through the pool board.
- Guest passes must be provided for all non-member guests beyond the limit set forth in the guest pass policy.
- All parties during regular hours will require an additional lifeguard. Fees for the additional lifeguard ($29.95/hr) are due at least two weeks in advance.
- Parties are scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
- It is the host's responsibility to remove all decorations, rubbish and recycling from the pool area and restore the pool area to a condition better than how you found it.
to book a party or for more information
Pool Capital Improvements Completed
Slides 1 to 31
Slides 32 to 62
Slides 63 to 94
Bathhouse and Parking Lot
Slides 95 to 127
Bathhouse and Parking Lot
Slides 128 to 159